- Isomalt Hard Candy Recipe
- 2 cups Isomalt
- 1/2 Cup Distilled Hot Water is recommended for better clarity.
- Use our LorAnn Liquid Food Coloring for best results.
- Use our LorAnn Flavors for better tasting results.
- HINT: Prepare Tools prior to applications.
- Combine Isomalt and water in heavy saucepan. Cook over medium heat, whisk in until dissolved. Dip pastry brush in water and wash down sides to prevent crystallizing. Skim off foam with handled metal strainer to help with clarity. Monitor temperature using candy thermometer. At 280 degrees, coloring can be added. Cook until mixture reaches 320 degrees and remove from heat. Set saucepan into a cold water pan to stop cooking process. When syrup stops bubbling, gently stir in flavoring. Cover for two minutes. Sugar syrup is ready for pieces, molds, pulling, and sugar blowing.
- Cooked sugar art techniques vary.
- BREAK-UP PIECES: Prepare sheet pan or a Silicone mat, spraying with vegetable oil.
- Let cool before handling.